What's your game?

Home Forums General Discussions What's your game?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  calypsso 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Quint
    Participant

I’m sure there’s a lot of gamers among the Team Unicorn fans, so, what games are you all currently playing?

I finally managed to get my hand on Ni No Kuni (it’s been sold out pretty much everywhere here in Sweden so couldn’t get it on it’s release day) so that what I’m playing that the moment. Only a few hours into it so far, but at the moment I like what I’ve seen.

They could’ve tuned down the respawn rate of enemies a bit though, since I like to do a lot of backtracking and exploring I suspect I’ll be tired of all the combat before I’m done with the game.

PerToon
    Participant

In terms of  spent time I guess my game is Team Fortress 2, but I consider almost anything from Valve to be my game (Half-Life and Portal series mostly).  But in terms of a genre I would probably go with 4X strategies (Civilization V and Endless Space). Add occasional LOTRO and some Age of Empires 2 with friends and that would be it. 😉

Quint
    Participant

Must admit, I had to google 4x to find out what it meant. Even though I’ve played several games in that genre, I’ve never previously known then collective name for them.

Endless Space actually looked pretty interesting, might have to add that to my ever growing list of games that needs playing. I remember when I played through games faster than I got them, these days it’s the other way around, the pile of games waiting to get played is just getting bigger and bigger all the time 🙂

PerToon
    Participant

That’s the problem with Steam – so many games on sale, just a click away, you buy them even if you know you won’t play them any time soon 😀

Quint
    Participant

Finished with Ni No Kuni and am now playing Lollipop Chainsaw. I got to say, as far as I’ve gotten, it’s just wonderfully over the top absurd 🙂

Quint
    Participant

Replying to myself, usually a big no-no in the forum-world, but someone has to keep this thread alive, might as well be me 🙂

Finished Lillipop chainsaw a while back, was a hilariously crazy game from start to end.

After that I spent some time with Diablo 3, hadn’t played it for quite a while (since before the introduction of Monster Power). Still haven’t encountered team Unicorn in Whimsyshire 🙂

Now I’ve recently started playing Tomb Raider. Only about an hour into the game so far so not much to say about it yet, other than that it seems promising, though Lara sure is having a painful start to her adventure.

Quint
    Participant

Replying to myself again, hopefully someone else finds their way into this thread soon, talking to oneself is hardly a sign of good mental health :p

Finished Tomb Raider (with 92% completion, doubt I’ll bother returning for the last items). Thought it was a great game, really enjoyed it, though I think the Uncharted-series still remain my favorite in this genre.

Next in line: Bioshock, the first one, been curious about Infinite but since I never got around to playing the series, I figured should start from the beginning.

Quint
    Participant

Guess I’ll continue my monolog here, in case someone else stumbles in here looking for active threads 🙂

Finished Bioshock, but since I’m really more of a rpg than an fps-player I’ve started playing White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2 instead of moving on to Bioshock 2, got to get my rpg-fix between the fps-games 😉

I’ve played the first White Knight Chronicles earlier and to be honest, I didn’t even like it that much, but since it ended with a big “To be continued” I had to pick up the second one to get the ending of the story (atleast I hope there’s an ending after WKC2 🙂 ). And since it was quite some time since I played the first one I had to start from the beginning again to refresh my memory.

I’ve been playing the “remastered” version of WKC1 that’s included on the disc with WKC2 and don’t know if it’s the improvements made when they remastered it or if it was my lowered expectations compared to the first time I played it, but I’ve actually enjoyed playing it this time. Just recently finished the first game and started on the second.

Haven’t given the online features a try yet, but guess I’ll have to do that pretty soon if I intend to, since from what I’ve heard, they’re shutting down the servers for europe and the US in the middle of next month.

Quint
    Participant

Not ready to give up on this thread yet.

Finished White Knight Chronicles 2, enjoyed it a lot more than I had expected based on my memories of my first play of WKC1. Level 5 do have a tendency to make areas “to large” though. Sometimes I just want to advance the story, so when I enter a new area and see a gigantic map that I’ll have to fight my way through, it sometimes get’s a bit “meh”, especially since I got this ocd-like thing that I absolutly have to explore every corner of the map to make sure I don’t miss anything, rather than taking the shortest way to the exit.

Only online feature I’ve used is visiting other players Towns for farming materials, so can’t really comment on the online-party play.

Next up is Dragons Dogma – Dark Arisen, since I’ve heard so much positive comments about it everywhere. It’s a RPG by Capcom that looks and plays a lot more like an Elder scrolls or Gothic game than the average jRPG.

One of the interesting features of Dragon’s Dogma is the Pawn system. Other than your main character that you control there’s 3 Pawns that you can have follow you around that are AI-controlled.

You have one pawn that is your own that level up with you and you can gear up and so on. The others you recruit from other players, either from your PSN/XBL friends or by picking them up as they wander around towns or in “rifts”, since pawns belonging to other players visit your game whenever you’re playing in online-mode.

So at a quick glance, the pawns aren’t really that different from any other AI-controlled characters found in your average RPG, but the online part of it just adds something to the game, making it more interesting. The ability for other players to rate the appearance and usefulness of your pawn, or give them gifts after using them, just makes it even more fun 🙂

Only played it for a few hours yet, but suspect I’ll be sticking with this game for quite some time.

Quint
    Participant

Yes, I’m still here, and yes, my ending sentence in the previous post was correct, I’ve been sticking to Dragon’s Dogma for quite some time now 🙂

So I’m still playing Dragon’s Dogma,  but I’ve also picked up “The Last of us” and started playing it to see what all the hype is about. I’ve really enjoyed Naughty Dogs previous games, and this one is certainly no exception, it’s full of interesting characters, great dialog and all in all a really polished game.

Not sure i’d rate it as the game of the century as  a lot of others seem prone to do though, but haven’t finished it yet, so still time to change my rating from “really good” to “Gods gift to gamers” 😉

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Quint.

MissAmbience
    Participant

Going hard on gta 5!

Quint
    Participant

GTA 5 is a great choice. Just finished it the other day, still have a few side missions left, but all done with the main story quests.

Will probably return to it later to finish the last few side missions and try out the online-part, but at the moment, I’ll most likely be focusing on Beyond: Two souls that I hope to find waiting in the mail when I get home from work today 🙂

calypsso
    Participant

Do not give up to this thread 😉

I played recently Tomb Raider. I did come back for the objects but some I was not able to find them. I started a week ago Bioschock 2.

And I am into pokemon y & x. I have Y. someone else is playing it? Did you tried the multiplayer version of tomb raider?

Quint
    Participant

Never tried the multiplayer in Tombraider, not really that into multiplayer games unless they’re MMOs or Local-cooperative games. Sometimes I do give the multiplayer aspect of other games a try, but more often than not I pass on it.

Have to admit I’ve never played a Pokemon game, kind of a blind-spot in my gamer-life, should probably give one of them a try. Been thinking about getting a 3ds XL for a long time and with the limited edition Zelda-version beeing released at the end of november, I may end up getting one of those.

When/if I get a 3ds XL, perhaps it’s time I do something about my lack of pokemon-experience as well and get either Pokemon X or Y 😉

calypsso
    Participant

Tomb Raider multiplayer: I haven´t try it either. bUT if I do. I´ll let you know. I bought the 3ds, the little one. I thought maybe it was too little, but actually I can take it anywhere, or in my pocket. But If I ever have the chance: 3ds XL sounds pretty good.

To tell you the truth I played pokemon till Pokemon Crystal. So quiet a long time. The new pokemon Y looks way better than I remember, It changed a lot and for its good. At least that is my opinion. I am having a lil bit troubles because of the new pokemons, but that makes the challenge even better. There are also like mini games, so, if you do not want to catch pokemons, you can play with them (like a pet) and the mini games.

If you get the nintendo 3ds let me know, we can comunicate throu it too. =) and play pokemon together, at least the battles =)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© TeamUnicornFTW Team Unicorn FTW - Theme by Pexeto